CORE Gymnastics Family Policies/Procedures
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE
All children enrolled in class will be required to pay an annual membership fee of $50. There is a 10% sibling discount for the 2nd child, and families of 3 children or more pay a discounted family membership rate of $120. This fee is good for one year from your anniversary date. As a member of CORE Gymnastics, you will get a 10% discount off of birthday parties, Kid’s Night’s Out, Holiday and Summer Camps, and other special events held at the gym.
Tuition payments are due on the 1st of the month and all customers must have a valid credit card or bank account on file through the iClassPro parent portal. Tuition charges will be posted to all family accounts on the 15th of the previous month and you may choose to pay your balance through the parent portal or at the front desk by the due date via credit/debit card, cash or check (made payable to CORE Gymnastics). Otherwise, tuitions will be deducted through our autodraft on the 7th of each month. Family accounts with outstanding balances as of the 15th of the month will incur a $10 late fee. If by the 1st of the next month, any accounts have not been made current, those families may be asked to drop their classes until they can bring their account up-to-date. Collections will be contacted as a last resort, if necessary.
MISSED CLASSES/MAKEUP POLICY
Because of our strict student-teacher ratio, missed classes cannot be guaranteed make-up classes; however, we pride ourselves on our customer service skills and will do our best to schedule your child in another age-appropriate class, provided advanced notice is given and there is space available. Please call us to let us know if your child won’t be able to make their regularly scheduled class. This will give us the opportunity to open that spot up to another student wanting to do a make-up in their place. Make-ups do not expire, and can be completed during current or future sessions, as long as student remains actively enrolled. There are no refunds given for classes missed, including scheduled holidays.
WHAT TO WEAR
General gymnastics attire is a leotard with the option of biker shorts or leggings for girls, and a fitted t-shirt or tank top and workout shorts/pants for boys. Boys and girls may basically wear anything comfortable that is not too baggy and not too restrictive (no jeans), and that won’t fall over their head when they go upside down. Midriffs must be covered. All gymnasts will enter the gym barefoot, and anyone with longer hair should have their hair pulled back away from their face. Hair elastics and plain snap clips work best; plastic barrettes, beaded ponytail holders and other hair accessories are a safety hazard and are painful for tumbling. Please remove all jewelry before attending class. Stud earrings are acceptable, but not recommended. If possible, please leave jewelry at home. This facility's staff will not be responsible for any items that may be lost or stolen. Be sure your student's personal items are marked with their name.
ARRIVAL AND PICKUP
Classes are scheduled 15 minutes apart from each other so that we can make space in our parking lot for the previous class to leave before the next class starts, so please try not to arrive too early CORE Gymnastics Family Policies/Procedures for your child's scheduled class. Plan on arriving five minutes before your child’s scheduled class time starts, and picking up five minutes before your child’s class ends. All students should wait inside the building to be picked up. To ensure the highest level of safety for your child, we ask that students not come out to your car on their own, but that you enter the building to pick them. If someone other than you is going to pick them up, please update your parent portal with the person’s name, and notify your child as well as the front desk so we know who they can leave the premises with.
GYM RULES AND POLICIES
1. Gymnastics is a fun and exciting sport, but can be dangerous when not executed correctly, or when attempted without an instructor present. Please do not allow your child to enter the gym prior to their scheduled class time or without invitation from their instructor.
2. Gymnasts should wear proper attire when working out or attending classes in the gym. Leotards or athletic clothes are recommended. Please avoid baggy and restrictive clothing. Midriffs must be covered.
3. Gymnasts must attend class barefoot in order to gain the best traction and stability on the equipment and when tumbling.
4. Gymnasts with long hair must have their hair pulled back from their faces at all times. Hair elastics and plain snap clips work best; plastic barrettes, beaded ponytail holders and other hair accessories should not be work as they are safety hazards and are painful for tumbling.
5. Please remove jewelry before attending class. Stud earrings are acceptable, but not recommended.
6. Food and drinks are only allowed in the lobby area. Gum is not allowed in the gym at any time. There are trash receptacles in the lobby for your convenience.
7. Please refrain from coaching your gymnasts. The children are with well-trained and highly-qualified instructors, and it is important that we establish an instructor-student relationship during class. If there is a safety or discipline issue that we cannot resolve, we will immediately let you know. Similarly, if there are questions or concerns that you wish to discuss with us, please feel free to do so before or after class so we can work together to make this a successful semester for you and your gymnasts.
Parents must notify the gym two weeks (14 days) prior to desired drop date to drop a student from class. Only a written notice via email, postal mail or a hand delivered notice to our front desk will be acceptable. For example, if you would like to withdraw your child on October 31, you must let the front desk know in writing by the 17th of October. If you would like to withdraw on November 15th, you must let the front desk know in writing by November 1st, and you must pay a prorated tuition rate for half the month of November before your child’s last day of class.
Please note: You are responsible for payment for your child’s classes whether or not your child attends that class until the time you notify the staff via written notice. Please do not rely on your child to verbally let us know that they will no longer be attending classes. If a student stops coming to class without written notification, their spot in the class will continue to be held, therefore their account will continue to be charged until the above two week procedure is followed.